Vero Beach, Florida is a hidden paradise that boasts of pristine beaches, luxurious resorts, and a diverse dining scene. While most tourists flock to the popular chain restaurants along the beaches, the real gems of Vero Beach’s dining scene are tucked away in the town’s charming neighborhoods.
Here are some of the hidden gems you shouldn’t miss:
1. The Tides – Located on the corner of Ocean Drive and Cardinal Drive, The Tides is a true gem of Vero Beach’s dining scene. This upscale restaurant epitomizes coastal cuisine, with a focus on fresh seafood sourced from local waters. The menu changes daily, depending on what’s fresh and in-season. The vibe is elegant, with a mix of indoor and outdoor dining, and live music on most evenings. Make sure to try their signature Tuna Poke Bowl, with fresh ahi tuna, avocado, cucumber, mango, and a soy-ginger marinade.
2. The Lemon Tree – Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood just off the beach, The Lemon Tree is a charming café that serves breakfast, lunch, and brunch. The menu features creative dishes made with locally sourced ingredients, like their Bacon, Brie & Fig Jam Sandwich or their Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. The décor is bright and airy, with a small patio outside that’s perfect for people-watching.
3. Counter Culture Vero Beach – If you’re a foodie looking for a unique dining experience, then Counter Culture Vero Beach is the place for you. This culinary studio and restaurant combines cooking classes, chef’s table experiences, and a small bar where you can watch the chefs at work. The menu changes monthly, with a focus on seasonal ingredients and bold flavors. The dining space is intimate, with only 20 seats, so make sure to book ahead.
4. Baci Trattoria – Just a short drive away from Vero Beach’s main thoroughfare, Baci Trattoria feels like a hidden oasis in the middle of a strip mall. This authentic Italian restaurant is run by a husband-and-wife team who source the best ingredients from Italy and the US. The menu is extensive, with homemade pasta, wood-fired pizzas, and fresh seafood. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting, with warm lighting and rustic décor.
5. The Green Marlin Restaurant and Raw Bar – If you’re in the mood for a laid-back atmosphere and great seafood, then head to The Green Marlin Restaurant and Raw Bar. Located just off Ocean Drive, this casual eatery serves up fresh fish tacos, ceviche, and creative sushi rolls. The outdoor patio is perfect for enjoying a cold beer and some live music on weekends.
In conclusion, there’s much more to Vero Beach’s dining scene than meets the eye. These hidden gems offer a diverse range of cuisines, atmospheres, and experiences that are sure to delight any adventurous foodie. So next time you’re in town, skip the chains and head to one of these local favorites. You won’t be disappointed.